California White Sage Smudge Stick
Winter Shipping Protection: Shipping to a colder state? Please add a heat pack to your order to ensure your plant arrives in good health!
The most-used types of sage have antimicrobial properties. This means they keep infectious bacteria, viruses, and fungi at bay. White sage (Salvia apiana) is antimicrobial and have been shown to repel insects.
How to use:
- Open a few windows and doors to help any smoke and negative energy leave easily.
- Light your sage stick over a flameproof bowl until a small flame has caught. While holding your sage over the bowl lightly blow on the flame until it goes out. The sage will then smoke gently like incense. Remember that it’s the smoke that does the work and so the stick does not have to remain lit.
- Walk around your home clockwise, carefully Using your hands or a feather to waft the smoke into all areas of your space. Include all small spaces that collect negative energy like corners, windows and behind doors. It’s also good to open cupboards and wardrobes because they can also hold stagnant energy.
- Remember that the goal is to allow a light amount of smoke to move around your space there’s no need to create a thick cloud of smoke!
- You may need to relight the sage stick to make it around the whole house - simply relight it over your flameproof bowl and lightly blow it out as before. Then carry on where you left off.
- There are some who believe the sage stick should be left to smoulder rather than extinguish - this should only be done if you are able to stay with it while it burns. If not then extinguish it by lightly pressing the stick into earth, sand or into your fireproof dish. Never leave a lit sage stick unattended.